The Account Manager maintains and expands relationships with assigned clients while representing the entire range of company products and services. The Account Manager should lead the customer account planning cycle and ensure assigned client’s needs and expectations are met by the company. The Account Manager is ultimately accountable for all aspects of the account from strategic planning to relationship building and thus should be able to see the big picture and be proactive in assessing needs and providing plan recommendations. They will also meet with each client on a quarterly basis to review plan performance, compliance, and strategic benefit development. Additionally, they will present the renewal to the client and manage the entire process until turned over to the Account Coordinator. Similarly will support Sales with new business opportunities.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including Account Coordinator, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts.
- Proactively leads strategic account planning that develops financial targets and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Achieves assigned sales quota in designated strategic accounts.
- Achieves strategic customer objectives defined by company management.
- Completes strategic customer account plans that meet company standards.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company objectives and philosophy.
- Accompanies Sales to renewal presentations and new business upon request.
- Conducts quarterly account meetings.
- Handles employee enrollment/benefit meetings.
- Performs general customer service including assistance with claim questions from employers/employees.
- Strong knowledge of fully-insured and self-funded business including reinsurance and stop loss contracts.
- Attention to detail, excellent listening skills, excellent communication skills.
- Organized; strong ability to establish, meet and exceed time-dated objectives.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to meet/exceed client's expectation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to bridge gaps in communication and build relationships.
- Prior sales and marketing exposure and/or prior account management experience.
- Knowledge of ERISA regulations, PPACA requirements and the impact on self funded and fully-insured plans.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to providing superior service.
- Customer service driven.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apta Health is an equal opportunity employer.