We are looking for a high energy, highly motivated sales professional to focus on the prospecting and acquisition of new business in the employer group benefit market. The right candidate will develop and cultivate strong relationships with key constituents (broker partners and/or plan sponsors) to maximize sales opportunities and achieve profitable growth. Additionally you will promote cross selling, provide exemplary service to our clients, and help resolve escalated service issues. Knowledge of the self-funded industry and stop loss markets is required.
- Identify potential customers (based on pre-defined criterion)
- Identify customer needs, work with the development and operations teams to make proposals, negotiate and successfully close the transactions.
- Develop long term relationships with new (and potential) customers.
- Develop and execute annual sales plan.
- Breakthrough thought and follow up related to finding new potential distribution channels and partners.
- Proven successful track record selling complex solutions.
- Ability to develop strategic relationships with customers at a senior and executive level.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial organization.
- Proven strong sales and communication skills.
- Self-starter who can manage their own time.
- Creativity, with excellent ability to understand and translate customer requirements into a workable business offering.
- Ability to “think outside of the box”, particularly related to finding new distribution channels, potential customers, product offerings etc.
- Extensive connections specific to target/personalized mass market retailing (Particular focus on Self-funding and group benefit industry).
- Ability to lead negotiations related to pricing, deal terms etc.
- Proven ability to effectively lead in a salesmanship/relationship role.
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree or industry experience equivalent.
- Strong computer literacy skills.
- Must be able to travel extensively.
Submit your resume to email@example.com
Apta Health is an equal opportunity employer.